FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- U.S. Farmers & Ranchers in Action (USFRA) is a non-profit group committed to connecting leaders in the food value chain to co-create sustainable food systems for the future.
- USFRA is hosting the Honor the Harvest Forum and serving as the secretariate for the Decade of Ag: a common vision and action tracks for the next decade.
- We approach sustainable food systems with three key factors in mind: our planet, our communities, and our prosperity.
- We believe our nation’s farmers and ranchers are the key to a sustainable future; and we value the leadership, solutions, collaboration, science and connections that will allow us to achieve that future.
- The Forum is a unique leadership convening, focused on communication and collaboration. Leaders over the last two years have crafted and launched a common vision and deployed action networks to design solutions to help the food and ag sector reach the vision. The leadership convening essentially is co-creating strategy for the sector and leadership.
- We’re at a timely moment where opportunity meets collective will to act on pressing challenges, deepen cross-sector relationships, and spark insight on what matters most to farmers, ranchers and value chain leaders.
- USFRA is convening leaders who are committed to action and will jointly develop solutions and mutually beneficial outcomes.
- By the end of the Forum, our leadership network will take on the challenges of the next six months and build the next decade of food and agriculture.
- Following the forum, USFRA will highlight collective climate and carbon commitments from farmers, ranchers and value chain leaders at the 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26).
- We have been purposeful in who has been invited to Honor the Harvest, striving for a strong mix of stakeholder groups and thought leadership.
- You and your organization have been recognized willing to take bold, accelerated action.
- We need all stakeholder groups at the Forum to collaborate and build the next decade of food and agriculture. Your voice and perspective are needed to be successful with our mission.
- Each leader attends in the spirit of communication and collaboration and the event offers engagements designed and facilitated to develop the necessary next steps for success.
- Past Honor the Harvest Forums have included C-Suite leaders, governors, Members of Congress, UN officials and key NGO leaders.
- System in the Room Approach: A fundamental premise of Honor the Harvest is that the whole system must participate in creating change. The System Stakeholder Map below provided guidance to ensure all key stakeholder groups and subgroups are represented and are present in appropriate. This ensures balance in the room and a system approach, ensuring that each part of the value chain represented allows us to imagine the future together.
- The Honor the Harvest Forum is designed to create and foster collaborative, innovative, and creative conversations among leaders across the value chain. Our collective success depends on a robust exchange of ideas toward our shared future; an exchange that is fueled by a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and opinions.
We believe every leader is called upon to bring his or her expertise, resources and passion to meet this moment. We encourage and celebrate the uniqueness of backgrounds and ask that you bring your authentic selves, while respecting and honoring one another’s differences, and that you engage, learn, and collaborate across these differences. Genuine collaboration and powerful innovation only begin when we hold space for appreciation, respect, acknowledgment of difference and inequity, and a deep commitment to the work of building a more just society.
We Value a holistic approach.
We Encourage diverse and rich collaborations.
We Celebrate and Welcome a diversity of backgrounds, geographies, perspectives, experiences, and opinions.
We Believe every leader is called upon to meet this moment.
We Ask that you bring your authentic selves to this forum and respect, be open minded to, and honor differences.
- The forum requires active participation as leaders work toward the future through collaboration. This is a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves experience that will demand participants dive in, think differently, engage deeply and generate new ideas, partnerships and actions.
- This is not another conference, this is a time to co-create solutions that matter with peers.
- To facilitate collaboration and fellowship among participants, the programming is centered around dialogue, shared experience, and relationship-building.
Three cross-cutting Action Tracks will bring us forward together for the Honor the Harvest Forum 2021:
- Strengthening Collaboration & Commitment: How do we accelerate support for the Decade of Ag, propel the sector forward together, pre-competitively in ways that work for producers and the value chain as a whole?
- Driving Transformative Investment: How to attract and leverage corporate + public capital to new markets (e.g. soil health, carbon sequestration and storage, food security, ecosystem services) to positively move to low carbon / climate smart production, build US leadership, and ensure investments lift everyone?
- Leveraging Technology & Data: How might we create pre-competitive data frameworks that propels better climate adaptation science, enable new and traditional tools for farmers and ranchers at all scales, and demonstrate continuous improvement for the supply chain?
The forum is a dialogue-driven event with limited plenary programming and mostly small group discussions. Therefore speaking opportunities are minimal and reserved for partners who are supporting the forum. If your company/organization is interested in a sponsorship opportunity, please contact Joanne Ragalie for more information at email@example.com.
- The invitation is non-transferable. You were personally selected by specific criteria designed to ensure balance in the dialogue with multiple stakeholders and leadership qualifications. We are currently oversubscribed, so if you are not attending in your section, please let us know as we do have a waitlist.
- As this is a virtual interaction, Executives are requested to attend on Days 1 and 3. One additional staff member may apply to attend alongside and is encouraged to be an active participant and the organization’s point person for outcomes from the forum.
- Our primary objective is to establish a leadership fellowship community and while this is virtual, #LeadershipinAction is critical. Executive leaders (Chair, CEO, CSO, President of North America) will be given priority for participation. Your leadership is needed to continue to inspire and build upon this fellowship community and take action.
- We will review applications and requests for additional staff members to attend with our advisory group.
Unfortunately, this is an invitation-only event and we are unable to accommodate outside attendance requests. If you are interested in being introduced to future USFRA partner opportunities, please contact Joanne Ragalie for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2021 Honor the Harvest Forum is entirely virtual.
If you have any questions, please contact Liz Homrig on our events management team at email@example.com.